Monday, October 5, 2009

Something New

So, I'm getting kind of bored posting just my own stuff. So I think I'm going to try something new and see how it goes. Once a day I'm going to post one of my favorite shops and a few of their best pieces, until I run out of favorite shops, at which point I'll take suggestions on who I should post. Now this might take a while as I have a LOT of favorites, but we'll see how it goes. :) I'm going to start from my oldest favorites, and work towards my newest. Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions for shops.

Today's shop is:


Demented Creatures and Knit Dice Bags

I’ve got to give props to my cousin Amber, the owner of the thewanderingknitter. Without her, I never would have opened a shop on Etsy! She has some beautiful scarves for sale at the moment. Here is my favorite:


Midnight Blue Lace Scarf

It's a slightly darker blue in person, but very pretty!

Now while her scarves are beautiful, her specialty is strange creatures! At the moment she has a cute set of Edgar Allan Poe inspired stuffed kittens as her shop's featured item. Okay maybe cute is the wrong word. ;) This one is named after the love interest in the poem "The Raven".


Lenore the Halloween Kitten

I've been told by a reliable source (namely Amber herself) that she will be posting some less creepy fall, winter, and Christmas themed kittens later this week.

Now for all you gamer geeks out there, I will direct you to the last of her specialties! Hand knit, hand felted, dice bags! I actually own two (well one is my husband's) and they are perfect for carrying around your precious dice and gaming pieces! This one not only has a cool striped pattern to it, but it also has a hand felted, appliqué leaf decoration that was added to the front! Very wood elf-esque. :)


Dice Bag - Cameo Leaf

She loves to do special orders and has also recently been working on some new items (some cute demented bunnies among other things). Overall, a very cool knitting shop and the reason that I am now on Etsy!

That's all for now stayed tune till tomorrow for the next featured shop.

::Hint - It's full of pastel prints!::

Later! :)

P.S. For more information on todays featured seller, please check out their Etsy profile here => thewanderingknitter's Profile

3 comments:

  1. What a cute collection! Thanks for posting them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful shop!! If you are anything like me - you have enough favorites to last a year! LOL
    I'm adding you to my list of Must Reads, so I don't miss any shops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! This is too much fun! Now I can't wait to post the rest of them! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails