Saturday, October 17, 2009

Featured Seller of the Day 10/17/2009

Today's featured seller of the day is knitter that makes beautiful felted pieces! Her shop is called:

Knit and Felted Goods From the Foot of Pikes Peak



Gretchen is a Colorado artist who draws her inspiration from the beauty of the mountains that surround her. Here is a perfect example:

Bird's Nest Felted Bowl

This beautifully simple knit bowl was felted into the simple form of a birds nest. The added detail of the felted eggs adds the perfect pop of color, but the best part is the felted yarn strands. They make the piece more organic and add touch of realism to the bowl.

This next piece seems to draw it's colors straight from the mountains themselves.

Purple Felted Drawstring Pouch - Small

This pouch is both useful and beautiful. It seems to steal it's heathered purple color directly from the rocky mountains. Think "purple mountain's majesty" is just a line from a song? Then you have never seen them in person!

And one last piece, to get you in the mood for fall.

Pumpkin Seeds Bowl No. 2

This lovely orange bowl is filled with felted pumpkin seeds, mimicking the inside of a hollowed out pumpkin. The pumpkin seeds are so realistic, that they look like you could reach in and pick them up! A perfect catch-all to give your home a touch of fall!

Tomorrow I will be featuring a two person Etsy team. ::Hint - They make very unique jewelry!::
Later!

P.S. For more information on today's featured seller, please check out their Etsy profile here => GretchensCreations's Profile

6 comments:

  1. Those bowls are so creative. I love the pumpkin seeds!

    I was also stopping by to say I’ve given you a One Lovely Blog award, so please stop by and collect it.

    Justine
    http://justnibbles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE the felted bowl with the robin eggs!

    I haven't made any felted bowls this year. May have to do that!

    Thank you for posting on my blog blast thread. I am following you.

    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your felted bowls! You can almost feel the textural quality of the work - and your choice of colors is wonderful.

    A fellow Etsian,
    -Daniel

    http://DanielMontoyaStudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for featuring my work! I love using the wool almost like watercolor with my needle felting. ~ Cheers
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  5. The felted bag is beautiful! Would make a nice Christmas present! I'll definitely be looking at your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome Colorado Knitter! I'm glad you liked it! Your work is beautiful. :)

    Jennie :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails