Saturday, October 17, 2009

Halloween Gift Bags!

Yay! I finished! That took a lot longer then I thought it would! In case you have no idea what I'm talking about, I'll recap. I effectively live on a dead-end street, in kind of the middle of nowhere. So while there are quite a few kids on the street, we don't get many trick-or-treaters except for the neighborhood kids. We have actually found that buying a box of full sized candy bars from BJ's or Walmart is waaaay cheaper then buying a bunch of bags of candy, and then there is less leftover for us to munch on afterwards.

Since I opened my Etsy store, I've been trying to think of ways to promote myself. One of the ways I came up with was to make up gift bags with tags that referenced my Etsy store! Here's a better pic of the tags that matdi123 made me:



So last night I decorated and stuffed all the bags and put the tags on. I did it early so that I wouldn't have to rush, and there would be less temptation to eat the candy! :) I used clear cello bags and decorated them with foam Halloween stickers. Inside, I included 1 full sized bar, some chocolate eyeballs, 2 boxes of "monster candy stix" (candy cigarettes if you've never had them), 2 Halloween toys, a spider ring, and three pixie stix! :) I'm sure the neighbor kids will love them! Here's a pic of the finished project!



Okay on to posting the pic of the day, then finishing up special orders, and start on some more Halloween pieces and some Thanksgiving pieces!

Later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails