Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cheese and Stuff

So I decided it would be cool to try and make a pincushion, cause I just have the cheapie tomato that came with my travel sewing kit when I was 12. Then I thought maybe I could make some to sell. That might be fun. :) But I don't just want to make plain ones, cause that would be boring (and easy). For some reason I never allow myself to start new projects with something easy. I don't know why, but I've always been that way. Anyway, I was thinking about it, and thought I could make themed pin cushions and included some cute sculpey topped pins to go with them! That would make use of both of my current crafting mediums! :)

That brings us to what I did today. I had made a list late last night, on ideas for pin cushion themes. This morning I couldn't find it (it turns out it was under my keyboard!), and I could only remember one of the ideas: cheese with mice pins. So that's what I have been working on today.

I've actually never made a felt piece in 3D before. They have always been flat or just two pieces sewn together with stuffing. I think it's coming out pretty well. I'm not thrilled, but it's working at least as well as I expected and I think now that I have the hang of it, it will be easier to do more. Here's some pics of the work so far.


Inside out.


Outside in.

Now that I've finished sewing it up, I think it might have looked cuter if I hadn't turned it inside out, but unfortunately I sewed it so that it had to be inverted. :( I think if I make another cheese I will leave it as is.

Right now I'm sewing on some holes. All cheese needs holes right?

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails