Sunday, November 22, 2009

Vintage?

I started out on the internet, selling collectibles with my mom on the AOL message boards before Ebay was invented. When Ebay came on the market, so to speak, my Aunt, who also sold on AOL, tried it out for a year and then we joined her. We sold collectibles and vintage pieces on Ebay for years. I finally had to stop when I got pregnant with my twins 3 years ago and was put on bedrest for most of the pregnancy. I started selling crafts on Etsy this year as something to do to keep myself sane while sitting watching Nick Jr. television shows all day. When I joined Etsy I had no idea they also sold vintage pieces.

Why am I telling you all this? Well because for the last 3 years my mom (and our relatives) have been finding (and saving) things for us to sell on Ebay when we got the time to do it again. So my mom has boxes and boxes of cool stuff just waiting to be posted! But I was thinking, maybe it would be fun to try posting some of the stuff on Etsy and see what happens. So I did! Last night I posted a cool vintage Lucite purse!

Vintage Marbled Lucite Box Purse with Clear Carved Lucite Top

I actually have another one of these. Well not exactly the same, but same kind of style. You can see pics of it on my flickr here along with some more pics of the first purse.

I've heard that vintage sellers can do very well on Etsy, and I guess we shall soon see. I actually have a whole box of stuff my mom gave me to work on. I'll see if I can get some more posted before Thanksgiving. Oh and once again, I'm sorry about missing my today's feature. My life seems to have run away with me! I'll do my best to get some awesome sellers posted this week!

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails