Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Epic Weekend!

This was one of the best weekends in a long time! :) Friday night we took the kids to see fireworks. Saturday we relaxed all day, then my brothers and cousins came over and we hung out for a bit and played games. :)

Sunday which was the 4th of July was awesome! We hung out at home for the morning, and I worked on some treasuries. And...



One of them made it to the front page!!! :D I've never had anything make it to the front page before! Congrats to PamlicoBee, qacreate, asherjasper, EleganceFarm, ShoeBoxMemoriesDLuxe, queenartist, owlcreekceramics, QuiltsbyShirley, Mazizmuse, H20works, photodillon, and MySillyBear! And thanks to them and to SimpleJoysPaperie, greenbaboondesigns, CortneyLei, and ItzFitz for making this treasury special enough to get picked for the front page! :) I couldn't have gotten there without you! :)

I also made another Americana treasury on Sunday (I was having too much fun!).

~ America the Beautiful ~

I based this one on the song of the same name. Each picture and the item to its right, is part of a line from the first verse. It was fun to make. :) I like doing treasuries based on songs and poems. It makes it more interesting to find pieces that match them. :)

Anyway after we had hung out at the house for a bit, we went to my mom's to go swimming. It was the perfect night for it! The air was warm, the water was warm, and there was hardly any breeze. When we got home it was getting dark, and we noticed some of our neighbors were shooting off fireworks, so we stayed in the driveway and watched that for a bit. The next day we were going to a birthday party, so once the kids were asleep, my husband baked a pie.



And not just any pie, but the best pecan pie I've ever had! Oh man...it was soooo good! I have to get the recipe from him so I can post it. It really was to die for! :)

Monday was the party and I figured since it was a party, I should make some cupcakes. Nothing fancy, just something festive. :)



They turned out really cute, and they weren't that hard to make either! :) After the party we came home and my brother and cousins came over again to play some board games then we watched a movie. Overall it was an amazingly fun weekend! :) I hope you all had a great weekend as well. And since I got so much done this weekend, I also have a BBQ mini treasury for you! Enjoy!

Oven Barbecued Brisket Photo by cateomalley

Polymer Clay Hot Dog Earrings by roscata

Etched Pint Size Jelly Jar Barware by EastMesaDesign

Organic Sugarbaby Watermelon Seeds by TheLittleRagamuffin

Polymer Clay Cheeseburger Charm by shayaaron

Summer BBQ Invite - Set of 8 by girlingearstudio

And, I also did a really treasury to go with it! You can check it out here!

Hope you all had a great weekend and I hope you all have a great rest of the week! Bye for now! :)

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the front page treasury! I got my first one the other day too. It feels good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so jealous!!! that pie looks amazing.

    The fourth of july always looks like so much fun! I wish canada day was as big of a deal

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the front page! and love those hot dog earings. hah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for featuring my organic watermelon seeds in this delicious treasury!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everybody! Getting the front page was great! I hope it ends up being the first of many treasuries to make it!

    KristiMcMurry - Congrats to you too! Making the front page is such a rush! :)

    Julie - Aren't those cute? I good way to keep bees out of your drinks too!

    Stephanie - It was soooo good! I wish I still had some. :( You should come visit! Everyone is welcome on the 4th of July! :)

    ana - They look good enough to eat! Sometimes I think the polymer clay food on Etsy looks better then the real thing!

    The Little Ragamuffin - You are very welcome! I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails