Monday, April 12, 2010

Better late then never! :)

This post is a little late today, because I didn't want to post it till I had finished the Hufflepuff ornament. And I just finished it! That only took FOREVER! :) Anyway, in honor of me finally finishing the ornament, today's theme is Harry Potter. :) I probably shouldn't admit this, but while I have seen the movies, I have yet to read the books. I know, I know, they are really good and worth the read (as most of my family tells me every time it comes up), but I haven't had a chance to do a lot of reading in a long time! So I'll leave it to you, good readers, do you think I should start reading the series? Let me know in the comments if you think I should. :) Ready for some magic? Here we go!

Acorn Wand with Autumn Leaves by OrderedChaos

Harry Potter Hufflepuff Shield Ornament by Autumn2May

Gryffindor House Scarf by whitegownsymphony

Sweet Post Owl Painted Rock Art by AtabbycatArts

Slytherin Crest Fair Isle Tote by craftzies

Harry Potter's Bookshelf Giclee by FineArtStudios

If you're interested in seeing how I made this ornament (or the Gryffindor ornament), check out my In Progress Photos on my Flickr! Have a great day! :)

8 comments:

  1. yes! definitely read the books :D nice ornament too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgosh! I have to show my teenage daughter this post. She is such the Harry Potter fan. Great ornament!
    When you get a chance please come visit my blog. I have a little surprise for you:)
    http://www.autumnraincreations.blogspot.com
    Take care,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for featuring my wand! The wands are great fun to make. In that great someday when the family and I make it to the new HP theme park, I'm hoping that we can all go in costume. Cheesy? Maybe. Fun? Definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and you definitely need to read the books. If you enjoyed the movies, you'll enjoy the books 10x more. More detail, more character development, more everything. So worth the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wand is so terrific! I love Harry Potter....wonderful items.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely! You need to read the books, the movies though fairly good leave SO MUCH OUT! And this is understandable, the book series is ginourmus! But the movies are skewed (imo) to down play the negatives of the "heros" and are pretty much glitter and less substance. There are important correlations between Key characters that are not address so far in the movies. I do enjoy the films though. Thank You for Including my Post owl on you Blog!
    Regards
    Cat who Sorted Slytherin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read the books before my kids did ! I am now reading them to one of my third graders classes ! You won't be disappointed !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well okay then. Apparently I need to read the books. :) Thanks for all your comments! Oh and I've been told to mention that my husband thanks you for telling me to read the books. He's been trying to get me to read them since we started dating! :) As soon as I dig them out of our (still not unpacked) box of books, I'll start on book one. :) I'll make sure I update you with my progress too! :)

    Jennie :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails