Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's Bacon!

Okay, I'm taking a break from my treasury series, to show you what I've been doing lately. :) I've created a couple new ornaments in the last couple weeks. The first couple are old ideas that have have recreated as ornaments. Long, LONG ago, I made a felt advent calender from scratch. It took me two years on and off to finish it.



So I thought this year it might be fun to remake some of the little advent ornaments into full sized ornaments! :) The first one I did was the easiest:

Red Felt Heart Christmas Ornament

I'm thinking of make up a pink one and making a listing for a pick your own color heart listing. We'll see. :) Then I moved on to a slightly more complex one (and my favorite from the calender):

Snow Globe with Red House Felt Christmas Ornament

This was a fun piece to do, though for some reason, I had a heck of a time with the base! I just couldn't decide how I wanted it to look. But I think it came out really cute! :)

Then I made up a couple new pieces. I while back I had bought some yummy colored felt from TheDailyPincushion. I used some of it to make my sushi pincushions and ornaments, but the rest got lost in the shuffle when we moved. While the kids were sick, one of the things I did was organize my workspace a bit better, and in the process I found all my cool colored felt! So I decided to put it to good use and make this:

Strawberry Hand Sewn Felt Christmas Ornament

Isn't that strawberry felt delicious? :) I must have been in a food mood, because the other piece I made with the new felt was: bacon!

Felt Bacon Breakfast Hand Sewn Ornament

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure why I made felt bacon either, but it turned out really cute! And on that note, I've made up a little bit of bacon heaven, for your enjoyment! Please don't eat the pictures!

Candied Chipotle Bacon by HashDelectableEdible

The Big Breakfast Felt Pin by pippindesigns

Felt Bacon Breakfast Hand Sewn Ornament by Autumn2May

Bacon - Use Your Words Framed Embroidery Wall Art by DearNight

Mini Side Dish of Breakfast Bacon by EverydayGourmet

Bacon - Print of Original Oil Painting by mgenomgeno

Oh and here is the link to the full sized bacon treasury! I hope you're hungry!

That's it for now. Have a yummy day! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails