Monday, December 14, 2009

On the eighth Day of Christmas...

...my true love gave to me, eight maids a milking, and three children covered in frosting! We started a new tradition this year with my kids and my nephew. We all got together at my mom's house and the kids "made" cookies! :) First, we gave them rolled out sugar cookie dough to use the cookie cutters on. Then when we decided they had eaten enough dough, we gave them baked cookies with frosting on them and let them decorate the cookies with sprinkles and chocolate chips. It was the most fun I...I mean the kids have had in a long time! :D Definitely something we are going to do every year! We made a mess, but we had a blast! Good thing today's verse has milk in it, because with all the cookies we ended up with, we're going to need it! ;)

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, eight maids a milking ...

Wood Farm Fresh Milk Sign by GingerbreadBlessings

Old Fashioned Milk Jug Oil Painting by artbycarey

Vintage Porcelain Milk Maid by AlicesLookingGlass

Old Farm 5 x 7 Lithograph Print by TheArtDude

Got Milk? Original Oil Painting by oldcrowblackcat

And They Sang All Day Print by ara133photography



... seven swans a swimming ...

Gold Marbled Book with Black Swan Screenprint by fashionedbydanielle


... six geese a laying ...

Gray Goose No. 2, 7 x 8 Fine Art Print by SharonMontrose


... five golden rings ...

Gold-filled Stacking Five Piece Ring Set by tinahdee


... four calling birds ...

Wire Art Bird Sculpture by WonderfulWire


... three French hens ...

Small Black Rooster Coin Purse by fieldofroses


... two turtle doves ...

Two Turtle Doves Black Cat Christmas Tree Ornament by kathelonious


... and a partridge in a pear tree!

Partridge In a Pear Tree Holiday Comb by whichgoose


Have a sweet and sticky day! :)

2 comments:

  1. These are wonderful!!! Great idea, too :) Thank you soooooo much for including my cows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome! I'm glad you liked the feature!

    Jennie :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails