Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth!

Wow! That was hard! As you may know from reading my blog, I've been working through a series of treasuries based on Etsy's categories. I take the title of a category and use it as a search term, then go through all the other categories looking for cool items based on the search. It's a fun way to see all the different ways you can use different techniques to make wonderful pieces of art! :) So far I'm a little more then halfway done and I've only had one or two that I've had a hard time with. Today, however, beat them all!

Today's theme is Geekery. Now I know what you're thinking, "There's tons of geek stuff on Etsy, why was today's treasury so hard to make?" Well actually, that ended up being the problem! There is so much great geek stuff, from so many different aspects of geekdom, that it took forever to narrow it down to a theme and color scheme. It has literally taken me hours to sort through all the amazingly cool geeky stuff on Etsy and narrow it down to only 16, then 6 items!

Unfortunately, I was not able to include ALL of the aspects of geek life or all of the different types of geeks out there, but I did my best. And I hope you enjoy, this colorful ode to Geeks Across Etsy! :)

Pwn That Shower Dice Soap by rainbowdarknesss

Geek - The Word Wall Art by artworksstudio

Knit Dice Bag with Dice by ThreadbareKnitter

Set of 6 Rainbow Ninja Companions by Lilley

Transformers Greeting Cards - Set of 4 by creativeapples

Tetris Messenger Bag - Original Fabric by pecansandies


And for even more geekiness, make sure you check out the big treasury that matches today's post! :)

And what geek doesn't like bacon? Stop by my Giveaways page or click here to learn how you can win some free yummilious bacon!

Have a geeky day! :)

3 comments:

  1. oh i know! i tried creating a treasury of geeky stuff a while ago, and I had the most difficult time tying to narrow down the selection!!!!! Thanks so much for featuring my transformers greeting card set!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome! I'm glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    The Tetris bag reminds me of the famous pixel sofa (I guess that's the name)

    Kind regards,

    José

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails