Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 11 - Patriot Day 2010

It's been nine years since the attacks on America where 2,993 people were killed by terrorists in three states. That morning I had off from work and was sleeping in, when my mom ran in and said that one of the Twin Towers had fallen down. We live in New Jersey and I had driven past the towers via the New Jersey Turnpike many, many times in my life. I ran down stairs to see what she was talking about, and saw that both towers had fallen, and that it was two planes that had knocked them down. On purpose. We sat and watched for an hour or so. It was numbing. I ended up driving into work to help one of the day shift people close the store, because they had never done it before, and no one wanted to be at work that day. I remember it was the most beautiful September day I could ever remember. The sky was clear blue and seemed to go on forever. After I had closed the store, I stopped and picked up some ribbon at the craft store on the way home. I went back, sat with my family, and made up some red, white, blue, and black ribbon pins to give out at the store the next day. It was all I could think to do. It was a way to feel I was helping.

There is no way to bring all of those people back, or to ever feel as safe as we did before the planes hit. But as I sat with my family over the next couple of days, then weeks, then months, watching all the tributes and people helping people in the wake of such tragedy, I knew that we as a country would survive. And not just that we would survive, but that we would heal. So here is my tribute to that fateful day, to honor those that fell as best I can on my little craft blog in a small corner of the internet. Peace and hope be with you all, and never forget.

Twin Trade Towers in the Mist by JohnHarmonGallery

NYPD Blue Pottery Mug by Misspottery

World Trade Center Map Pendant by ChellasCollection

World Trade Center Cross Beam by EyeShutterToThink

World Trade Center - Foggy Morning by artnuvi

Raku Fire Helmet 9/11 by PinetPottery


These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. - John 16:33

2 comments:

  1. i will never forget where i was & how i felt that day. sigh. i love your collection, especially the pendant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Honor is something this country was based on.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails