Thursday, September 16, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like...

...Halloween! :) I actually had to turn the heat on yesterday morning! And the trees in our neighbor hood are just barely starting to change color. Can't be that much longer! :) My kids are all excited. They sort of remember last Halloween, but I think they mostly just remember that they got candy. I don't think they remember the dressing up part at all. That reminds me, I have to figure out costumes for them! :o Hmm...I'm glad I posted this. Now I have another thing to add to my to do list!

Anyway, today's mini treasury theme is Holidays Across Etsy. I was going to do like I did with Housewares, and do one holiday for each item, but there were enough subcategories to do that without doubling up, and I couldn't figure out a good color scheme to work with all the different holidays. So, instead, I ended up picking one holiday to work with. Well technically two holidays. Since it's so close to October, I went with Day of the Dead and Halloween. I found some really cool stuff too! :) Enjoy!

Haunted House Halloween Tags by mamacateyes

Handmade Embroidered Pillow Cover by moonspiritstudios

Lunar Green - 10x10 Acrylic Landscape Painting by Blakeswork

Sugar Skull Quilt, Purple and Green by BadBabyQuilts

Glow in The Dark This and That Spinning Wool by merlinthecat

Chartreuse Modern Paper Star Ornament by kissadesign


And here is the equally spooky full sized treasury! :o Oh and I almost forgot! I've been playing with my blog some more. If you look at the top of the page, I've added some new pages. :) I now have About Me, My Family, and Cool Links pages. I'll be adding a couple more and I'll be adding more content to the ones I already have. Let me know what you think!

Okay, back to work! Have a cool day! :)

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks so much for including my pillow cover in this wonderful feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for featuring my batts on you blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was spinner. Thanks so much for including my little tags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog and I enjoy reading your posts. All the ideas and your posts are great, the pictures as well, and the treasury is really nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds! Love the purple, green, and black combo! I can't wait for halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what great finds! i love the colors :D eep. i am so excited for halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everybody! I'm glad you liked the mini treasury! :)

    Moon Spirit Studios, merlinthecat, & Jana Scanlon - You are all very welcome! :) I'm glad you liked it!

    Alice Benneth - Thanks so much! I'm glad you like my blog! :)

    Amanda & ana - I know! I can't wait to get my decorations out! But my husband says I can't put them up until the first day of fall at the earliest. :P

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails