Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day 2010!

Today is a a day to celebrate our home: the Earth. No matter who we are, no matter what we look like, or believe, the Earth is our home. It is our job to take care of it as best we can. I'm not sure if I believe in global warming, and I'm not the greatest at recycling, but I do think we should all do our part to keep our air, water, and earth clean. The best way to help, is to help locally. Make sure you put your garbage in the trash can when you picnic at the park. Don't pour chemicals or used motor oil into the storm drains in the street. And if you see garbage on the street, or anywhere else, pick it up. If you keep your little piece of the world clean, maybe it will inspire others to do the same. :)

Its A Small World Glass Globe Necklace by CuteAbility

Fused Glass Fluffy Cloud Bowl by ToltRiverStudios

Bright Green Spring Sprouts Print by Garden22DesignStudio

Felted Earth Ball by cozycottagecreations

This Is My Father's World Print by bethstonestudio

Good for the Soul Blank Note Cards by InventingLiz


Happy Earth Day everyone! :)

8 comments:

  1. Hi - thanks for featuring my note cards! And I love your advice about everyone trying to keep their own little piece of the planet clean, it's something I do believe in but haven't been putting into practice as much as I could lately. This is a good reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Earth Day!

    I was very happy that lat last year, my apartment building finally started putting out containers for recycling. Prior to that, it was just hard to recycle as you had to run to the county recycle center every week or have stuff building up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are beautiful! love "my father's world". Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz - You're welcome and thanks! I always thought that if keeping your own space clean doesn't help save the planet, at least your space will be clean. ;)

    365artchallenge - I'm lucky where I live we have a great collection system and a really nice near-by recycle center. That way if we have a party or miss a recycle pick-up, we can run the extra over to the center pretty easily. :)

    Lori - Thanks! Isn't that piece beautiful? They have a whole series of them! Though that one is my favorite from the series. :)

    Jennie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous selections! Gonna go check some of these shops out now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SARAH - Thanks! I'm glad you liked the feature! :)

    Jennie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for featuring my print! Glad you liked it.... Please stop by my blog to keep up with my other work: www.bethstonestudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beth Stone - You're very welcome! You have beautiful work! I'm following you! :)

    Jennie :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails