Monday, May 3, 2010

Not a good blogging week.

So when was my last post? Wednesday? I think it was Wednesday. Last week was the worst. For no particular reason; it just was. The kids were cranky and didn't sleep well, the husband has a cold, and the weather was terrible! Tuesday it was 50 Thursday it was 90. That's not cool on any level. I'm not sure why my kids weren't sleeping well, but even if they had been I still wouldn't have slept well, because my husband was coughing and sneezing all night for, well, a week! Arg!

Luckily the weekend was pretty mellow, and I did get a lot of sewing done. Plus I finished a commission for my cousin Amber.


It's a creepy pendant from what I've been told is an equally creepy, but artsy, Russian video game called The Void. It's a copy of the moon from the game, which for some reason, has a big eye on it. The pendant was the finishing touch on her custom My Little Pony she created in homage to the game. She's a video game nut (much like the rest of my family). :) Here's a pic of her finished pony.


Strange no? But that's what she was going for, so I'm glad I was able to help. :)

In more normal (yet just as geeky) news, I've started on my 3rd Harry Potter ornament! This one is going to be Slytherin! I posted some during pics on Flickr and I'm going to take a couple more when I'm done here and post them as well. Here's the roughed out shape with none of the embroidery done.


I've actually gotten all the checker board background done and started on the black and purple edging. Here's a link to a picture of the actual shield, if you've never seen it. Okay scratch that. After taking another look at the shield pic just now, I just noticed that there are little black diamonds inside the cream colored checker board pattern, that I have yet to put in yet. But it's still coming along nicely! :)

I was going to do a selections post this morning, but I never got around to it, so it will have to wait until tomorrow. I can tell you that it's going to be May themed and I might make a Treasury East treasury to go with it (if I find enough cool pieces!). Okay, off to take pictures and clean up all the Goldfish crackers my kids just mushed into the carpet. Have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails