Monday, October 12, 2009

Featured Seller of the Day 10/12/2009

Today's featured seller is from Rhode Island, and makes beautiful mosaic pieces to wear and display! Her shops name is:

One of a Kind Mosaic Belt Buckles, Pendants and Art

I like her work as it is both geometric and fluid at the same time. Like this piece for example:

Chasing Waterfalls - Mosaic Belt Buckle

Even though this belt buckle's design is made up mostly of straight sharp edged pieces, the few rounded pieces plus the way they are laid out in columns that don't match up, make it appear to flow; just like water from a waterfall. :)

I also like the organic designs that the artist is able to create using things like glass and mortar, that you normally wouldn't think of as organic.

Mosaic Art Pendant - Wood Fern

I love the way this pieces looks soft and natural even though it's really hard and sharp. I also like how the artist used the mortar as the negative space on the piece, instead of filling it in with more glass. It gives it a unique earthy feel. :)

Okay one more. This one (in my mind anyway) is a more traditional design: a simple oval.

Orbiting Earth - Mosaic Belt Buckle

I love the main stone in this piece, it's beautiful! And the surrounding pieces only add to it's unique "earthy-ness". I could say, "It's out of this world!", but I won't. ;)

Tomorrow I will be featuring seller who makes beautiful accessories using leather! ::Hint - She uses lots of color!::

Later!

P.S. For more information on todays featured seller, please check out their Etsy profile here => CrookedMoonMosaics's Profile

5 comments:

  1. Great feature, that stone is mesmerizing.

    Amie
    www.iamalive.etsy.com
    www.iamalivephotos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 2 words for you: New favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those are amazing! I love the fern mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make sure you check out her website. She has a mirror in her picture gallery that is drop-dead gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Lisa's work.... It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails